I've decided to use revit for this assignment, but would love to also do a physical model. I admit I'm not really stepping out of the box with this one, my revit skills are pretty decent and I'm very comfortable with the software, but Nuno did say its one of the most commonly used programs in "the real world" so I'm confident its a good idea.
In class, after much deliberation, we decided to go with a Performing Arts School of some sort as our brief. I'm pretty happy with this because it allows as much of a creative approach as one is willing to take, but still has a need for deliberate and planned spaces within. My aim is to create an inspiring space, but I will need to do some site analysis. I think at this stage, incorporating my folie will be in terms of materials and concept to a degree, but a physical connection is a must- perhaps an abstraction of the form of my folie, but I will explore this later.
Below is our brief, as mind mapped by Konrad:
A basic outline is:
- A Performing Arts School, specialising in Theatre and Dance
- A large performance space to seat approx 300 - 500 with dressing rooms
- Smaller perfomance spaces to seat 50
- Classrooms, a staff room, library, secondary dressing rooms and entry foyer
- Amenities
The school is designed to be a multi-institutional facility where students from other universities can come to take courses (similar to the Erasmus program).

No comments:
Post a Comment