Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ideas about Form

I have been trying to abstract my folie into something which may become representative of a building, through basic models and sketches.

The models were made in class and I have been photographing them in various positions to try and get an idea of a form i may want to use...





But that was quite unsuccessful.  While it gave me ideas about components I could have in my building, it didn't really lead to any defined form.  I have decided that I do not want my building to look like a larger version of my folie- I would like my ideas to carry through in both form and concept so I might have to do more work.

I decided to try my hand at some sketching, a real weakness of mine.

My folie's form was the intersection of two curved elements, and I have been trying to abstract this.  I'm not sure it is successful, but it has given me some ideas about what I can do. My next step will likely be to de-construct elements of the folie and see if I can bring them together in some new way, and perhaps re-define my concept (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment